#24 - Harry Potter: A History of magic (1/2019)

Harry Potter: A History of Magic
By British Library




Published:  20th October 2017
Genre: Fantasy
Edition:  Hardback
Source: Gift
Pages: 256
My rating: 5/5 
Goodreads rating: 4.23/5
Read: 2019

This is the official book from the exhibition that took place at the British Library. Unfortunately, I couldn't go but this Christmas my husband decided to offer to me.
When I saw this book at the bookshops I thought this was going to be something totally different. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the contents. One can think at first that is a disappointment what you find as content but you start reading and enjoying a lot! 
Basically, I thought the idea of this book was to show to the muggle world what wizard students were reading at the History of Magic Classes. But no. This book is based on historical artefacts that ancient civilizations had and modern people discovered that can be related to witchcraft. 
The key point that I found brilliant is that the authors related those objects with the magic within the Harry Potter series.
Also, I loved to see pieces of J. K. Rowling writing that we haven't seen. Only, the publishers and the author itself!
This is a captivating book that all Potterheads should have.
Definitely a good book to start my year!

All the best!

The Book Worm


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New year, old and new me!

Family reading... or how it helps me to bound and get closer to my hubby and Little book worm

#19 - The Holiday Bride by Laura Briggs (#2 of the series)