The year of 2017
My year in books is here.
Some numbers (from goodreads stats):
- I read 3,718 pages across 25 books:
- Shortest book - 40 pages - Haynes Explains Babies by Boris Starling
- Longest book - 385 pages - The Cosy Christmas Teashop - by Caroline Roberts
- Most popular - 380,688 people also read - The Boy in the Striped Pajamas - by John Boyne
- My average rating - 4/5
- Highest rated on goodreads - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling - 4.33/5
1. Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect, and Communicate with Your Baby, by Hogg, Tracy
2. Your Baby Week By Week: The ultimate guide to caring for your new baby, by Cave, Simone
3. First-time Parent, by Atkins Lucy
4. Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth About Pregnancy and Childbirth, byMcCarthy, Jenny
5. Asterix and the Roman Agent(Astérix #15) - by Goscinny, René
6. The Substitute (The Wedding Pact #1) - by Swank, Denise Grover
7. The Player (The Wedding Pact, #2) - by Swank, Denise Grover
8. The Gambler (The Wedding Pact, #3) - by Swank, Denise Grover
9. The Valentine (The Wedding Pact, #4) - by Swank, Denise Grover
10. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay - by J.K. Rowling
11. The Vagina Monologues - by Eve Ensler, Gloria Steinem
Asterix and the Big Fight(Asterix, #7) - by Goscinny, René13. Haynes Explains Marriage - by Boris Starling
14. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas - by John Boyne
15. The Mansions of the Gods(Astérix #17) - by Goscinny, René16. Asterix & Obelix's Birthday: The Golden Book (Astérix, #34) - by Goscinny, René
17. Haynes Explains Babies - by Boris Starling
18. The Baby Owner's Manual: Operating Instructions, Trouble-Shooting Tips & Advice on First-Year Maintenance - by Borgenicht, Louis19. Bump It Up: The Dynamic, Flexible Exercise and Healthy Eating Plan For Before, During and After Pregnancy - by Whyte, Greg
20. Asterix and Cleopatra(Asterix, #6) - by Goscinny, René
21. Miss Kane's Christmas (Christmas Central #1) - by Caroline Mickelson
22. Asterix and the Goths (Astérix #3) - by Goscinny, René23. The Cosy Christmas Teashop (The Cosy Teashop #2) - by Caroline Roberts
24. India for Idiots - by Dianne Sharma Winter
25. The fussy baby book - by William and Martha Sears
The reading challenge:
This year I wanted to read 15 books. I read 25 so I completed my challenge with 167%!
Most of the books that I read this year will have a review in the blog the next few months!
Plans for 2018
Next year I want to read a lot. For real! With our daily lives sometimes is not possible but I really want to challenge myself.
Goodreads is an amazing platform for exchanging opinions about books. At the same time it has an instrument that we can use to challenge ourselves and control how are we doing in that challenge.
Imagine what is called? Yap, if you thought about it you were right:
The reading challenge
For this year I am going to challenge myself to read 30 books. I know it may not seem a lot but with all the personal and professional responsibilities I thought it would be a real number.
Having the blog also helps because I feel obligated to read to be able to post. So far I am writing reviews of books that I have read previously.... The next year I want to start writing about books that I am actually reading....
Let's see how it goes!!!
Wish me good luck!
And Have a Happy 2018!!!!!!
The Book Worm