ARC #5 - The View from Rainshadow Bay by Colleen Coble

The View from Rainshadow
By Colleen Coble



Published: 23rd January 2018
Genre: Crime, Mystery, Thriller
Edition: Ebook
Source: NetGalley
Pages: 336
My rating: 3/5 
Goodreads rating: 4.08/5
Read: 2018


The past has a way of rising up and stepping into view when we least expect it.
This story starts with the death of Jack, Shauna's husband. An apparent accidental death that makes her living in a depressed mood. She has to take care of everything in her life by herself and they also had a son. Alone, depressed and with her heart closed to the world, the story starts with an explosion. ANd why was that important? Because someone close to her died. Following that death, a few more happened and no one can find out who is the murderer.
The story keeps going and we learn about her past and how her mother died and her siblings disappeared. Since that day, her father became alcoholic, a sad, desperate man.
Is everything connected? Maybe yes, maybe not. And if so, how?
At the same time, a love story emerges...
The story is the first of a new series of the author. Personally, this was my debut with this author.
I will not say that I loved the story. But at the same time, I did not hate it. I think it was ok.
The plot has the ingredients. Mystery, crime and love. Also, friendship and family.
When I started reading I was not straight away with the feeling that I cannot stop. But I gave it a chance and eventually I really wanted to know if what I was thinking was the truth.
However, I think the plot could be a bit more consistent and not so predictable. At the end, I had that feeling that something was missing to it.
Also, the characters should be a bit more strongly built. At the end, whoever falls in love were predictable, whoever dies, also and even the villains.
I will not say that I did not enjoy the reading. I did. But I am pretty sure It could be even better!
One last thing, I know that the book cover is related to something important to the story and also with the name of the series "Lavender tides". However, a mystery book, if I was at the bookshop to find a crime book to buy.... it would not be appealing to me.

Price 
Amazon: £8.99, kindle £6.99
Kobo: £6.99, Audiobook £22.79
Waterstones: £8.99
Foyles: £8.99
WHSmith: £6.99



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New year, old and new me!

Family reading... or how it helps me to bound and get closer to my hubby and Little book worm

New week, new hope