January - What I am currently reading

January - What I am currently reading

You may wonder which are the books that I am currently reading. Yes, I read more than one book at the time because I need to rest a bit when reading some stories. Sometimes I can only read one book at the time, sometimes I read four or five! Also, I count the books I read out loud to my son as my readings as well... If you think about it... it is a fair deal! He is only a baby but I want him to get used to having a book with him.... always! Also, add the audiobooks that I am starting to try!
This year I made the resolution to read all the pending books that I started last year... a good resolution... That I intend to keep before buying or starting any new books!

So, for January readings I have:

- Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone, illustrated edition, by J.K.Rowling (with my hubby and kid; it will take some time, read at night);




- Your baby week by week by Simone Cave (this is to keep reading each week to check my baby's development);




- A History of the World in 100 objects by Neil McGregor (it is the kind of book that I can only read two chapters a day aka two objects a day);




- Salt: a world history by Mark Kurlansky (this book I kept it on hold because I was a bit bored. Want to read it but honestly cannot read from one page to the last like that);




The Tales of Beedle the bard by J.K.Rowling I read this book to my son and he falls asleep in the afternoon. He really enjoys and it is a very good exercise for me, him and dad. 




Why I'm no longer talking to white people about race by Reni Eddo-Lodge I am reading it for Our Shared Shelf book of the month. It talks about the history of racism in U.K. It is not easy to read it but I am really interested in knowing a bit more about this subject.




The very embarrassing book of dad jokes: because your dad thinks he is hillarious by Ian Allen - This was a christmas gift for my hubby. Someone decided to offer him. And I decided to read it. But it is to read in between books.




Don't know if I am adding any more books in the meantime because some of these are not going to be finished in two days... maybe I will add maybe not... let's see!

And you guys? What are you reading at the moment?

The Book Worm



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New year, old and new me!

Family reading... or how it helps me to bound and get closer to my hubby and Little book worm

#19 - The Holiday Bride by Laura Briggs (#2 of the series)