#26 - The onesies, fall (Totlandia #1) (3/2019)

The onesies, fall
By Josie Brown




Published:  16th August 2014
Genre: fiction, parenting
Edition:  ebook
Source: free
Pages: 202
My rating: 2/5 
Goodreads rating: 3.26/5
Read: 2019

When I saw this book on Kobo for free I thought it would be a good light reading to have a laugh and see myself as a mother (something like the tv series The Let down). However, I felt super disappointed when I started reading but I gave it a shot not to start the year with a DNF book.
What can I say? What was supposed to be a light reading started to feel a tough one because I didn't enjoy... Didn't see myself in the story and the whole argument was weak and I felt like not wanting to read more.
Basically, this is a story about upper-middle-class people with kids that have an exclusive club for them and you need to prove that you and your kid deserve to be there. More than that, working mums are not seen as good members because they are supposedly less available for activities and so on. 
Four kids are at stake for two vacancies and they and their mothers (never the fathers) have to prove worthy of it. 
I developed the feeling this is so fake kind of story against what I support that I almost put this book as a DNF.
More than that, when you finish reading the book you are with a huge cliff hanger. You have to read a lot of following books to know how does this story end. Also, the kind of reading I found in this book is a bit poor and not captivating.
Not reading the following books. In my humble opinion, it is a waste of time that I can spend on other more interesting stories!

All the best!

The Book Worm


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New year, old and new me!

Family reading... or how it helps me to bound and get closer to my hubby and Little book worm

#19 - The Holiday Bride by Laura Briggs (#2 of the series)